How to apply for International Driving License in Malaysia

Planning to drive overseas or zoom around Tokyo in a Mario Kart? You will need to apply for an international driving permit.

How to apply for the International Driving Permit?

Application for an International Driving Permit (IDP), is easy. Just ensure your current driving license is valid for more than 1 year and prepare the following:

  1. Original MyKad
  2. One license size photograph with white background
  3. Cash of RM150

To apply, visit the nearest JPJ office or an UTC Centre. UTC Centres are open on weekends which makes it easy for working people like me to apply. I went to the UTC Sentul at 9.45am and the JPJ office was virtually empty. I got my International Driving Permit in less than 10 minutes.

The International Driving Permit is valid for 1 year and recognized by countries listed in the permit.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *